The purpose of a Temporary Employment Agency is to find qualified employees to fill temporary positions in other companies. Companies who only require short term employees retain the services of these temp agencies. Using a temporary agency is beneficial for the employers and temps who fill the positions.
Available jobs at temporary agencies normally include entry level positions such as administrative assistants and receptionists, and middle level positions that require higher education and experience. A few temp agencies specialize in management positions. Employers prefer temporary positions because they have the option of terminating the position if things are not working out. The temp employee can also terminate the position. Temp agencies do not like it when employees make it a habit of terminating their positions. Temp positions are great for employees who enjoy working in different job settings. Temporary workers usually sign up with a temp agency, undergo a screening and testing process, and provide resumes and cover letters. They are then matched with an available position and then offered the temporary position at the company.
There are a number of benefits to signing on with a temporary agency. The following list outlines the advantages of working with a temp agency:
- Working through temporary job agencies can give you meaningful employment while you are searching for a full time job. There will also be no employment gaps on your resume. . If you have been unemployed for a long period of time, some employers may start to question the unusual gap in your work history
- You will gain a lot of work experience. The more experience you have, the more valuable employee you will be. Temping is a great way to improve your skills, make contacts, and experience new companies. You will learn what type of work environment is best for you.
- Temporary placement agencies have information about jobs that are not advertised to the public. Working with a temporary agency can provide more job leads.
- If the employer is pleased with your work, you may be offered a full time position with the company. Employers tend to prefer hiring someone that has previously worked for the company. By working hard, you may catch the employer's attention. While you are temping at the company you will learn what the employer values in an employee. If you are successful at your job, you may find yourself with a full time career. Some companies do all of their full time hiring using temporary employment agencies.
- Temporary employment jobs are more flexible. You can work when you want. If you need time off, you just have to notify your temp agency.
- If you are new to a particular job market, you will gain experience in that field, learn about different companies that are looking to fill positions, and learn about that field's work environment.
- If the economy is in a slump and employers are laying-off full time employees, a temporary job will give you extra income when you need it the most.
- Many temporary agencies provide benefits to their temporary workers. It is important to ask a temp agency if they provide any benefits.
- Many temporary agencies offer training in order to maintain skilled employees. Some agencies offer this training at no cost. You should ask the temporary agency about training.
If you are looking for short term employment, working with a temporary employment agency may be the right choice for you. Because there are so many benefits to working with a temporary agency, the possibility of finding the perfect job will be greatly improved.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!